For more information and to book your personalized Edgewood Tahoe experience, please contact a Reservation Specialist at 775-588-2787 or 888-881-8659.
Fall at Edgewood Tahoe
Fall is the secret season of the Sierras. Days can be spent exploring the area to witness the changing of colors of the nearby aspen groves, or simply relaxing and taking in the moment on the shoreline of the lake. Nights are perfect for cuddling up with loved ones to roast s'mores at one of the many fire pits. The golf course continues to offer the premier championship level golf experience through mid-October, and mountain trails are clear and provide almost endless opportunities to discover hidden alpine lakes and waterfalls.
All guests to The Lodge at Edgewood Tahoe will enjoy a tranquil and unrivaled autumn experience that's second to none in Lake Tahoe.
- First-class accommodations and amenities including an in-room gas fireplace, terrace or balcony with seating area, premium linens and luxuries, wifi internet, access to the fitness center, and access to the year-round lakefront heated pool and hot tub.
- Nightly resort gathering with a build-your-own s'mores bar. Subject to change.
- Golfing at Lake Tahoe's only lakeside course at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course. Open through October 14.
- Special massage, body, and facial treatments available at the Spa at Edgewood Tahoe to soothe tired bodies after a long day of adventure.
- Award-winning dining at the Bistro, Edgewood Restaurant, and Brooks' Bar & Deck.
- Transportation via courtesy shuttle to and from Heavenly Mountain, casinos, and other nearby local destinations.
- Edgewood's dedicated Concierge / Guest Services team can help book fun activities including fishing charters, boat rentals, kayak & SUP rentals, and much more. More information further below.
- The latest styles in fall & cold weather fashion available at the Adventure Shop and Boutique.
- Incredible holiday memories for Thanksgiving weekend. Click here for more information.
- Ski/snowboard lessons, equipment rentals, and lift ticket purchases to renowned Heavenly Mountain. More information further below. Heavenly Mountain's tentative scheduled opening date is November 14.
- Ski valet with boot dryer so you don't have to worry about storing your winter gear.
Water, Mountain & Local Fun at Lake Tahoe
Edgewood Tahoe's lakeside location is an oasis at an oasis offering almost endless opportunities for outdoor fun. Lodge guests receive dedicated adventure services on property offering rentals of boats, jet skis, kayaks, stand up paddleboards (SUP), bikes, parasailing, fishing charters, yoga classes, golf lessons, and more!
Fall Colors in Tahoe
When: September – November
Where: Lake Tahoe, Hope Valley, and surrounding areas (10 to 45-minute drive from Edgewood)
For Leaf Peepers and those just seeking a tranquil mountain getaway, Fall is one of the best times of the year to visit Lake Tahoe. The summer crowds have retreated and the weather is perfect for getting outside and exploring! From about mid-September to late-October, you can witness the changing of colors that surrounds beautiful Lake Tahoe. Among the lush pine trees are magnificent aspens, which ignite in fiery reds, yellows, and oranges. Walk amongst the golf leaves of the aspen trees that shimmer in the cool Autumn breeze, contrasting against the brilliant blue Sierra sky. You don't have to go far from the shores of South Lake Tahoe to see the spectacular color show. Hope Valley and Frederick's Meadow, just a short distance from Fallen Leaf Lake, offer dense aspen groves with mountain backdrops that couldn't be more picture perfect. (Information provided by LakeTahoe.com and AlpineCounty.com)
Fall Fish Fest (Kokanee Salmon Festival)
When: October 6 & 7, 2018
Where: Taylor Creek Visitor Center, South Lake Tahoe (20-minute drive from Edgewood)
Celebrate the annual fall migration of the Kokanee salmon during the two-day Fall Fish Fest event in South Lake Tahoe! Join the fun and participate in this free family event which has become one of the most fascinating educational and wildlife viewing events in Northern California. The Festival celebrates the dramatic and colorful spawning behaviors of the Kokanee Salmon, encouraging participation by children and their parents in a wide variety of educational and entertaining events. Events this year include the Salmon Feed, children's activities, educational programs and booths, stream-side programs, a children's run, 5k, 10k, and half-marathon trail runs. (Information provided by TahoeSouth.com)
Oktoberfest at Lake Tahoe
When: October 6 & 7, 2018
Where: Camp Richardson (20-minute drive from Edgewood)
Oktoberfest Activities include German food and desserts, an owner and dog dress up contest, craft booths, face painting, pumpkin patch, balloon art, bouncy house, bungee platform, climbing wall, live music, and the event’s ever popular beer and wine garden. Other contests during the two-day festival range from beer stein holding to yodeling, with winners receiving gift certificates for food, activities and lodging at the resort. Food and beer can be purchased with Camp Richardson’s Oktoberfest tickets that are on sale behind the hotel at the event. Entry and parking are free. (Information provided by TahoeSouth.com)
Lake Tahoe Marathon
When: October 12 - 14, 2018
Where: Multiple locations around Lake Tahoe (Marathon finish is only minutes away next door at Lakeside Beach)
Run, jog, or walk your way to this premier three-day running festival, attracting thousands of athletes and visitors each year. You'll find a range of events for everyone from the casual runner to the fanatic including a 5K, 10K, Half Marathons, 16.6-Miler, Marathons, Ultras and the famous Triple Marathon and Triple Half Marathon Trifecta! Competitors range from toddlers to octogenarians, with running, swimming, and, kayaking in breathtaking venues around the lake. The Lake Tahoe Marathon has something for your whole family, club, or group of friends at one of the most beautiful vacation destinations in the world. This is a race you won't want to miss! (Information provided by TahoeSouth.com and LakeTahoeMarathon.com)
Ski & Snowboard Lake Tahoe
Edgewood is only minutes from world-class Heavenly Mountain via complimentary shuttle, and a short drive to numerous other mountain resort options as well. Click the button below to view detailed information regarding Heavenly ski/snowboard school lessons, ski/snowboard rentals with discounts available to Lodge guests, Heavenly lift ticket puchases, and nearby mountain resort conditions and directions.
Ski Ambassadors from the Concierge / Guest Services team are also available to all Lodge guests provide personal guidance to make sure you get to where you need to be and to make the most of your ski experience.
- Provide mountain and trail recommendations (including local snow secrets).
- Lesson, rental, and lift ticket purchase assistance.
Click here to view Lodge Terms & Conditions, including all winter policies. Ski image provided by Heavenly Mountain Resort. All rights reserved.